The crack in your windscreen could be more serious than you think. On modern vehicles, windscreens play a key role in the overall structural strength of a car - up to 47%. A damaged windscreen could lessen the ability of the windscreen to protect the vehicle's occupants in a collision or rollover accident.
The cold, wet and dark months of winter make a breakdown unpleasant, so prevention is the key!
Tips for winter driving
- Keep your windscreen clean, inside & out.
- Replace brittle or cracked wiper blades.
- Top up the fluid levels in your washer bottle.
- Check the windscreen for small chips and cracks.
- Get any damage fixed to stop them turning into more serious cracks.
- Check the rubber seals around your windscreen and rear windscreen.
If your windscreen has some damage, and you're not sure whether it's roadworthy, bring it to Total Collision Repairs to have it inspected. We're a VACC accredited repairer who can take care of all vehicle windscreen chips, cracks and replacements.